Reporting on a few answers, the article failed to report the main points of the 25 questions in the April Utah Voter Poll by BYU's Center for the Study of Election and Democracy:
- 62% disapprove of how the Utah State Legislature is handling its job
- only 12% believe "illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay permanently in the U.S."
- 17% wanted illegal aliens "to go home immediately"
- 40% allowed 'most' to stay as temporary workers.
58% support the AZ enforcement bill
- 79% supported Sandstrom's HB 497 enforcement bill
- 63% supported HB 469 (sponsoring immigrants)
- 45% "did not know" the LDS church's stand on any of the 'immigration' bills
- 84% wanted the GRAMA bill repealed
- respondents were 39% GOP, 13% Dem and 42% "independent"
- 61% conservative, 24% liberal
- 96% had attended college
- Huntsman and Romney got the most favorable rating at 63%
- The current Congressmen form Utah were all about 50%